Dr. Grant McFetridge works in the research and development efforts at the Institute for the Study of Peak States. "I did my doctoral work in psychology at the California Institute for Integral Studies and at the University for Integrative Learning. My areas of expertise are in diagnosis, spiritual emergency, and treating unusual problems."
"I use a multi-disciplinary approach in my work - I did my graduate study in electrical engineering at Stanford University, and still occassionally teach electrical engineering at a California state university."
Videos, books and audio material:
- Silence the Voices: Discovering the biology of mind chatter (2017)
- Subcellular Psychobiology Diagnosis Handbook (2014)
- Peak States of Consciousness (vol 2): Acquiring extraordinary spiritual and shamanic states (2008)
- Peak States of Consciousness (vol 1): Breakthrough techniques for exceptional quality of life (2004)
- The Basic Whole-Hearted Healing Manual (2004)
Dr. McFetridge specializes in clients with spiritual emergencies and other issues involving unusual, spiritual or 'peak' states of consciousness.
What to Expect in Sessions:
Dr. McFetridge no longer sees therapy clients. All of his time is now spent doing research at the Institute of Peak States, or writing textbooks. Hence, he now only sees patients with diseases that he and the research team are developing treatments for.
- He founded the Institute for the Study of Peak States in 1996 in Canada (www.peakstates.com).
- Dr. McFetridge is an expert in prenatal trauma and unusual states of consciousness.
- He is also the creator of one of the fundamental approaches to healing trauma and PTSD, the Whole-Hearted Healing regression technique.
- He has written textbooks in the field of psychology, Peak States of Consciousness, Volumes 1 & 2, as well as The Basic Whole-Hearted Healing Manual.
- He currently works full-time at the Institute in research.
Dr. McFetridge graduated from Stanford University with a MSEE. He worked as an engineer, consultant, and university teacher during his engineering career. He was in the doctoral psychology program at the California Institute for Integral Studies, and received his doctorate in psychology from University for Integrative Learning in California.
October 7, 2012: Testing new page layour.
September 1, 2012: New page.